Saskatchewan province provides its residents with incredible comfort and an improved standard of living. People from this province are leading a tremendous lifestyle as it has a beautiful community and an affordable quality of living. Saskatchewan is considered to be an ideal place with loads of sunshine to lead life. It invites candidates who are eligible for Canadian Permanent Residence.
- As in developing cities, Saskatchewan expects skills and experience out of its candidates.
- People who are living in Saskatchewan.
- Individuals with an impressive calibre to execute some tasks.
- Individuals who want to commemorate a business and are interested in investing in the city.
What should foreign nationals do to immigrate to Saskatchewan?
Saskatchewan accepts applications from qualified personnel through different options. The applicants must express their desire to work in Saskatchewan. By disclosing complete details about age, language proficiency, previous work experience, educational qualification the candidates get a better chance for qualification.
- The primary option being candidates sending Expression Of Interest (EOI) to work or conduct business in the province through Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP).
- These candidates are highly skilled yet their job is not included in the SINP, then these candidates can share the details of their experience, education and other details required through the Express Entry system.
- After receiving the nomination, the second option is to create a new profile in the Express Entry system and include details pertaining to his work experience and job details as required.
- Based on the comprehensive ranking system, the candidate receives points added to the Saskatchewan Nomination certificate. The candidate with high scores is called to apply for Provincial Nomination. The minimum number of points required to qualify is 60 points out of 100 in the point’s grid. After 2020, the candidates who speak English and French get additional points.
- The candidate receives an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for a Canadian Permanent Residency.
How long does the SINP nomination take?
The approved time frame to process SINP nomination for an entrepreneur is 12 weeks.
What are the various Federal Economic Programs?
There are three Federal programs for Express Entry to Canada
- The Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWC),
- The Federal Skilled Trades Class (FSTC),
- The Canadian Experience Class (CEC).
For an individual to be qualified from Express Entry qualifications, a minimum of 60 points is expected based on the points listed in the points grid. Apart from the points secured one has to substantiate the educational qualification is on par with the Canadian Government expectations.
The Federal Skilled Trades Class should secure points for nomination under the provincial nomination program. The Canadian Experience Class or the Federal Skilled Worker Class need not secure points to be qualified for nomination.
What are the skilled worker class categories?
Saskatchewan province has three main categories of skilled workers immigrants. Based on the employment these are categorized as:
- Saskatchewan Immigrant Nomination program
1. Employment offer for an International skilled worker
2. Occupations In-Demand for an International skilled worker
- Express Entry system
The employment offer is a sub-category under the International skilled worker immigrant stream of the Provincial Nomination Program from the province of Saskatchewan.
- The candidate must have a job offer and the points in the assessment grid are secured enough for him to apply according to the stream.
- The assessment test details supporting the proficiency in English and French language
- The candidate should have a minimum of 12 months of work experience in the same profession as the employment offer.
The Occupation In-demand is a sub-category under the Provincial Nomination Program where the immigrant candidate should possess skills listed under National Occupational Classification to get invited.
There is a list of occupations for In-Demand jobs by the Saskatchewan province for those individuals willing to make a living in the province. The applicants must fill in the required details in the form and pay a non-refundable fee to join the Entry pool.
About 129 occupations have been removed from the SINP program, Saskatchewan province has sent out a great number of invitations and performed many draws in the recent past to bring in international skilled workers. The latest list of occupations for which invitations are accepted:
|Human resource professionals||NOC 0112|
|Information system analyst and consultants||NOC 2171|
|Database analyst and data administrators||NOC 2172|
|Drafting technologists and technicians||NOC 2253|
|Aircraft Mechanics and Aircraft inspectors||NOC 7315|
|Other administrative service managers||NOC 0114|
|Banking credit and other investment managers||NOC 0122|
|Agriculture managers||NOC 0821|
|Other Financial Officers||NOC 1114|
|Administrative Officers||NOC 1221|
|Administrative Assistants||NOC 1221|
|Accounting Technicians and bookkeepers||NOC 1311|
|Computer programmers and interactive media developers||NOC 2174|
|Architecture Technologists and technicians||NOC 2251|
|Financial Sales representatives||NOC 6235|
|Automotive service technicians, Truck and Bus Mechanics and Mechanical repairs||NOC 7321|
|Senior managers- financial Communicators and other business services||NOC 0013|
|Senior managers – healthcare, education and social community||NOC 0014|
|Senior managers – Construction, Transportation and production utilities||NOC 0016|
|Purchasing Managers||NOC 0113|
|Other administrative service managers||NOC 0114|
|Insurance, Real Estate and financial brokerage managers||NOC 0121|
|Advertising Marketing and Public relations managers||NOC 0124|
|Web Designers and Developers||NOC 2174|
|Nurse Aides, orderlies and patient service associates||NOC 3413|
|Home Support workers and related occupation||NOC 4412|
What are the criteria for the selection of Occupation In-demand candidates?
- Language expertise
- Work experience
- Targeted Job profile
How are points awarded?
Saskatchewan province expects the applicants to secure 60 points out of 100 in the grid having various criteria. The points for each criterion are listed as under:
|Labour market Connection||30|
Saskatchewan province has in the recent past has sent out a huge number of invitations to the international skilled labour and conducted many draws. The demand set by the Canadian government is high as the demand in the labour market is on an increasing trend. With the nomination from the province of Saskatchewan, an additional 600 points are added to the candidate profile making him eligible to apply for the Canadian permanent residence.